Do DIY Car Dent Removers Work?July 1, 2018
Are Certain Car Colors Safer and Cheaper to Insure?July 18, 2018
It is normal to have questions about things you’re unsure about or have not been introduced to. This auto body collision FAQs aims to answer a few of the more common questions about collision repair services performed by Great Plains Auto Body in Omaha & Council Bluffs.
Auto Body Collision FAQs
Do I Have The Right To Select The Shop That Will Repair My Vehicle?
- Yes. While insurance companies have preferred locations, you can take your car anywhere you would like to have the repair to be completed. Insurance companies have select Body Shop partners they call Direct Repair Partners (DRPs). Insurance companies can suggest these shops, but ultimately it is your choice. However, make sure the shop you choose has their own warranty to cover the repair work.
Why Can’t I Get An Estimate Over The Phone?
- To give you a quality estimate, a visual inspection of the vehicle is needed. When the vehicle is in a shop, estimators can crawl under, look closer and “feel” the damage on the metal. Ultimately, any estimate can fluctuate once tear down begins, but working with a reputable body shop will mean they work directly with your insurance company to make the fluctuation seamless for the client.
Do I Have To Pay a Deductible?
- Deductibles are worked through you and your insurance company when you sign your insurance policy. Every policy is different for each individual situation.
Who Do I Pay My Deductible To?
- Deductibles are normally paid directly to the collision center.
If My Vehicle Frame Is Damaged Is It a Total Loss?
- This depends on the amount of damage done to the frame, year of the car and discussions with your insurance company.
Can You Match The Paint Color On My Vehicle?
- You would be amazed at how many varieties of white exist in the world of cars! Plus, the version of white can differ with each make and model of a car. We can match them. However, if the vehicle has been to an off-market painter, this makes color matching very difficult. We can make and match much better with technology not all shops have access to. Make sure to consult with a dealership if you have any concerns before taking your vehicle in for paint.
How Can I Get a Rental Car?
- Rental Cars can be given IF YOU HAVE THE OPTION IN YOUR POLICY! Always confirm with your insurance company if you have car rental on your policy. DO NOT ASSUME A FULL COVERAGE POLICY INCLUDES RENTAL CAR COVERAGE! Always ask your agent. If you have coverage, car rentals will be set up for you and billed to the insurance company. If you do not have coverage, the rental will still be set up for you but payment will be needed from you. All you ever need to do is say, “I need a rental!”
Great Plains Auto Body Collision Services
At Great Plains Auto Body, we’re committed to giving you an unmatched level of service. As a company that’s been family owned and operated for more than 25 years, we’re dedicated to treating our customers as we would treat members of our own family. We’ll keep you informed throughout the entire repair process and make sure you’re satisfied when the job is complete. From estimating and detailing to collision repair and paint services, our ASE-certified mechanics and technicians make sure the job is done right and on time. And, in addition to our extensive list of certifications, we’re the only Mercedes-Certified Collision Center in Nebraska. Most important, we offer a lifetime warranty on ALL of our work.
AUTO BODY REPAIR
Our worksmanship is second-to-none when it comes to complete auto body repair. In addition, we have years of experience in aluminum vehicle repair.
PAINTLESS DENT REPAIR
From hail damage to door dings to everything in between, trust the local experts to remove minor dents and get your car into showroom shape.
PAINT MATCHING & REPAIR
Expect outstanding paint work with our computerized mixing system, environmentally friendly water-based paint technology and downdraft paint/bake booths.
Our computerized laser measuring system and Celette fixture bench will return your vehicle’s structure and frame back to factory specifications.
ON-SITE CAR RENTAL
Enterprise Rent-A-Car is conveniently located on-site at both Omaha locations. You’ll be en route to your destination in no time at all.
We have the latest in diagnostic testing technology which helps us efficiently determine the right path for your auto body repair.
We offer a professional 24-hour towing service at all three locations. We respond quickly, and handle your vehicle safely and securely.
Stay in the loop regarding your auto body repair with our convenient text messaging system. Real-time updates leave your day worry-free.
We have a great relationship with all of the major insurance companies and can help negotiate your claim to your satisfaction.