Winter brings special challenges, including the threat of snow and freezing temperatures. That’s why it’s important to keep certain emergency items in your vehicle. A winter preparedness car kit is something you don’t want to have to use, but will be glad you have.
You can buy a winter preparedness car kit. It’s also easy to pull items together yourself and stash them in your trunk. Even if you don’t have a long trip planned, it’s still a good idea to have these items on hand.
In fact, some experts suggest you keep your kit stored on your passenger side or in your back seat so you don’t have to go outside in the cold to retrieve the kit from your trunk.
Here are seven recommended items for your vehicle’s winter kit:
• Food and Water: Think quick, non-perishable snacks like protein bars or nuts.
• First Kid kit: The Red Cross has suggestions for what to include in your kit.
• Flash Light: Don’t forget extra batteries.
• Traction Tools: Think along the lines of sand or cat litter.
• Sources of Warmth: Blankets, as will extra hats and gloves, are invaluable if you’re stranded.
• Tools to Attract Attention: A brightly colored flag or flares can alert others you need help.
• Cell Phone Charger: Sometimes calling for help is the best and simplest solution.
Think twice before you leave your vehicle to find help. It’s easy to get lost in a snow storm, and your emergency kit will keep you safe until help arrives.
Stay safe this winter by staying prepared.
At Great Plains Auto Body, we’re committed to giving you an unmatched level of service. As a company that’s been family owned and operated for more than 25 years, we’re dedicated to treating our customers as we would treat members of our own family. We’ll keep you informed throughout the entire repair process and make sure you’re satisfied when the job is complete. From estimating and detailing to collision repair and paint services, our ASE-certified mechanics and technicians make sure the job is done right and on time.