Paintless Dent Removal vs. Traditional Dent RemovalJune 2, 2015
What To Do When Being Pulled Over By An Unmarked CarJune 4, 2015
In an earlier blog post, we discussed the pros and cons of buying a new vehicle versus buying used. Much like the discussion of buying new or used, trying to decide whether or not to lease a vehicle is very subjective.
There’s no one-answer-fits-all as your decision will depend on your wants, what you can afford, and how far you drive daily.
Here is a list of the top pros and cons to think about when trying to decide if leasing is right for you.
Should You Lease?
The pros of leasing a vehicle:
- Drive a new car. If you’re someone who likes a new car every few years, leasing is probably for you. You can drive a better car for less money.
- Payments are typically lower. One of the biggest benefits of leasing a car is the lower out-of-pocket costs when acquiring and maintaining the car. Leases require little or no down payment. There are no upfront sales tax payments.
- Lower repair costs. If you choose to lease, the manufacturer is responsible for workmanship and material defects; they are responsible for the structure and integrity of their vehicle. The terms will differ for each manufacturer. Typically, with a three-year lease, the factory warranty covers most repairs.
- Tax deduction. Lease payments can be deducted from your taxes if you use your car for business more than fifty percent of the time. Before you decide to lease a car, check with your accountant for details. There are also tax deductions for financing a business vehicle, but they’re not as great as lease deductions, especially for more expensive vehicles.
And now for the cons:
- Limited number of miles. Lease contracts limit the number of miles you can drive. These mileage restrictions are usually 9,000, 12,000 or 15,000 miles per year. If you decide to lease, it’s important to estimate how many miles you drive a year so you can determine how many miles to purchase. If you go over the amount you purchase, you’ll have to pay a fee per mile at the end of the lease. These overage charges can be expensive.
- It might feel like you’re wasting money. Getting a new car every couple of years without having to sell your current ride seems great, however, it might also seem like a waste to pay for something that’s never really yours. You spend money on gas, monthly rent, and upkeep, what do you have to show for it in the end?
- Paying for wear and tear. Lease payments allow for basic wear and tear, but if there is excessive wear or scrapes, you’re responsible to pay for those fixes. If you fail to do so before the lease ends, there will be penalties.
- Costly to change your mind. It can be expensive to terminate a lease early if your driving needs change.
Great Plains Auto Body Collision Repair Omaha & Council Bluffs
At Great Plains Auto Body, we’re committed to giving you an unmatched level of service. As a company that’s been family owned and operated for more than 25 years, we’re dedicated to treating our customers as we would treat members of our own family. We’ll keep you informed throughout the entire repair process and make sure you’re satisfied when the job is complete. From estimating and detailing to collision repair and paint services, our ASE-certified mechanics and technicians make sure the job is done right and on time.
AUTO BODY REPAIR
Our workmanship is second-to-none when it comes to complete auto body repair. In addition, we have years of experience in aluminum vehicle repair.
PAINTLESS DENT REPAIR
From hail damage to door dings to everything in between, trust the local experts to remove minor dents and get your car into showroom shape.
PAINT MATCHING & REPAIR
Expect outstanding paint work with our computerized mixing system, environmentally friendly water-based paint technology and downdraft paint/bake booths.
Our computerized laser measuring system and Celette fixture bench will return your vehicle’s structure and frame back to factory specifications.
ON-SITE CAR RENTAL
Enterprise Rent-A-Car is conveniently located on-site at both Omaha locations. You’ll be en route to your destination in no time at all.
We have the latest in diagnostic testing technology. This helps us efficiently determine the right path for your auto body repair.
We offer a professional 24-hour towing service at all three locations. We respond quickly, and handle your vehicle safely and securely.
Stay in the loop regarding your auto body repair with our convenient text messaging system. Real-time updates leave your day worry-free.
We have a great relationship with all of the major insurance companies and can help negotiate your claim to your satisfaction.