Deer Car AccidentsSeptember 4, 2018
Why Use a Professional Collision Repair Shop?September 24, 2018
You should take your vehicle in for a proper service at least a couple of times per year. This is to ensure your car is in the best condition possible, but it’s also to ensure that the small things that go wrong owing to wear-and-tear of your car get fixed.
Have you ever thought that some of these car repairs could be season-specific? Here’s more information about the most seasonal car repairs and why they’re necessary.
What Are The Most Seasonal Car Repairs?
Fall Seasonal Car Repairs
- An emergency kit should be in your car at all times, and include everything for an automotive and basic medical emergency.
- Your lights have to work perfectly if you’re going to be driving in harsh weather conditions, so always stop to get these checked.
- Tires are an essential part of what keeps you safe while driving on the roads, and you should always have your tires repaired or replaced as part of your seasonal car service.
- Your car’s cooling system does a lot of work to keep the engine and passengers cool while driving, and this means it will need to be serviced regularly every season just like any other parts of your vehicle.
Winter Seasonal Car Repairs
- Heating will keep everyone inside the car happy, and the car’s internal systems heated and running just fine.
- The overall engine should get a thorough seasonal check, especially in winter, if you want to drive comfortably and safely.
- The wipers might work harder in harsh condition, and so can the tyres and brakes – so always check these thoroughly.
- Batteries can be affected by the cold, and should be examined and serviced on a regular basis.
Spring Seasonal Car Repairs
- Tires should be examined and repaired or replaced for the spring season for any wear they might have experienced.
- Wipers take a thorough beating through the winter and likely need replacement by the time spring comes along.
- Brakes should always be checked, especially in potentially hazardous driving conditions – for the safety of you, your passengers and other people on the road.
- Cleaning your car is an essential part of taking care of it, too! This should be done thoroughly inside-and-out every season.
Summer Seasonal Car Repairs
- Air conditioning should be in working condition in preparation for summer temperatures – and you should remember to pack your anti-UV cream in the glove compartment!
- Internal cooling should be checked to keep your engine cool internally in high temperatures and heat waves.
- Oil should be checked regularly, especially before embarking on long trips.
- Batteries should be checked and charged at every stop-point, and at least every season.
Great Plains Auto Body Repair in Omaha, NE & Council Bluffs, IA | Best Auto Body Shop – Omaha, NE & Council Bluffs, IA
At Great Plains Auto Body shop Omaha and Council Bluffs, we’re committed to giving you an unmatched level of service. As a company that’s been family-owned and operated for more than 26 years, we’re dedicated to treating our customers as we would treat members of our own family. We’ll keep you informed throughout the entire repair process and make sure you’re satisfied when the job is complete. From estimating and detailing to collision repair and paint services, our ASE-certified mechanics and technicians make sure the job is done right and on time.
AUTO BODY REPAIR
Our workmanship is second-to-none when it comes to complete auto body repair. In addition, we have years of experience in aluminum vehicle repair.
PAINTLESS DENT REPAIR
From hail damage to door dings to everything in between, trust the local experts to remove minor dents and get your car into showroom shape.
PAINT MATCHING & REPAIR
Expect outstanding paint work with our computerized mixing system, environmentally friendly water-based paint technology and downdraft paint/bake booths.
Our computerized laser measuring system and Celette fixture bench will return your vehicle’s structure and frame back to factory specifications.
ON-SITE CAR RENTAL
Enterprise Rent-A-Car is conveniently located on-site at both Omaha locations. You’ll be en route to your destination in no time at all.
We have the latest in diagnostic testing technology. This helps us efficiently determine the right path for your auto body repair.
We offer a professional 24-hour towing service at all three locations. We respond quickly, and handle your vehicle safely and securely.
Stay in the loop regarding your auto body repair with our convenient text messaging system. Real-time updates leave your day worry-free.
We have a great relationship with all of the major insurance companies and can help negotiate your claim to your satisfaction.