Great Plains Teams With Children’s Hospital to Keep Kids SafeNovember 26, 2016
The Great Plains Auto Body ExperienceDecember 7, 2016
Like it or not, cold weather is on its way. Inevitably, some snow will come along for the ride. Even if snow is one of your favorite things, it’s still a problem when your car gets stuck.
Don’t Get Stuck in the Snow
A little preparation goes a long way when it comes to getting your car unstuck. Take these steps before the first snowflake falls:
- Have your tires checked. If the tread is worn thin, it’s likely time for a new set of tires. All-weather tires perform better in the snow, as do properly inflated tires.
- Stock your trunk. A shovel is a big priority for your car’s trunk in winter. Use it to dig your car out of the snow. Salt and kitty litter also can be useful if your tires need something to grip or you need to melt some ice. A small patch of carpet or cardboard can provide traction in a snow emergency, too.
Take these steps before driving in snow:
- Give yourself plenty of time. A rushed journey during a snow storm is a potential recipe for disaster. Slow down and pay attention.
- Don’t panic. If you spin the wheels in a panic, you’ll likely only get stuck even deeper. Instead, back up slowly and turn the steering wheel, or grab the tools from your trunk.
- Know your route. Stick to roads you know when possible to avoid tricky or unexpected turns.
Keep safety in mind if you get stuck in the snow. Don’t wander off for help if you’re far from the nearest town. Don’t crawl around your car before you make sure no cars zoom in your direction. For more winter driving safety tips, click here.
Great Plains Auto Body Collision Repair Omaha & Council Bluffs | Omaha auto repair shop
At Great Plains Auto Body, we’re committed to giving you an unmatched level of service. As a company that’s been family owned and operated for more than 25 years, we’re dedicated to treating our customers as we would treat members of our own family. We’ll keep you informed throughout the entire repair process and make sure you’re satisfied when the job is complete. From estimating and detailing to collision repair and paint services, our ASE-certified mechanics and technicians make sure the job is done right and on time.
AUTO BODY REPAIR
Our workmanship is second-to-none when it comes to complete auto body repair. In addition, we have years of experience in aluminum vehicle repair.
PAINTLESS DENT REPAIR
From hail damage to door dings to everything in between, trust the local experts to remove minor dents and get your car into showroom shape.
PAINT MATCHING & REPAIR
Expect outstanding paint work with our computerized mixing system, environmentally friendly water-based paint technology and downdraft paint/bake booths.
Our computerized laser measuring system and Celette fixture bench will return your vehicle’s structure and frame back to factory specifications.
ON-SITE CAR RENTAL
Enterprise Rent-A-Car is conveniently located on-site at both Omaha locations. You’ll be en route to your destination in no time at all.
We have the latest in diagnostic testing technology. This helps us efficiently determine the right path for your auto body repair.
We offer a professional 24-hour towing service at all three locations. We respond quickly, and handle your vehicle safely and securely.
Stay in the loop regarding your auto body repair with our convenient text messaging system. Real-time updates leave your day worry-free.
We have a great relationship with all of the major insurance companies and can help negotiate your claim to your satisfaction.