If you haven’t been in an accident before, the process, from collision to paid and repaired vehicle, can seem confusing. One key to getting your car fixed right is choosing a reliable auto body collision repair shop in the first place. Here is a brief overview of our body shop auto repair process.
Body Shop Auto Repair Process
At Drop Off
- Estimate – During estimates, the vehicle is inspected by one of our auto body repair professionals and the relevant data is entered into our computer systems. This data is compiled into an estimate that determines the cost of repairs.
- Let the CSR know if you would like an estimate on other repairs.
Vehicle Safety System is Pre-Scanned
- Clean the vehicle for inspection.
- Record information about system function at arrival.
- Inspect and document unrelated damages on vehicle.
Damage Analysis Process
- Map vehicle to Visually Communicate Repair requirements.
- Retrieve related OEM repair procedures / requirements.
- Review damage and meticulously disassemble area for repair.
- Identify all damage, necessary operations, parts availability, and build a complete auto repair plan.
Review Repair Plan
- Great Plain body shop’s auto Repair Planner will call to review damage discovered at disassembly, answer your questions, and set an estimated completion date for your vehicle repairs.
Ongoing Progress Update
- You will receive ongoing progress update on your vehicle form your Repair Planner or CSR based on your communication preference and frequency.
Vehicle Safety System receives a Post Repair Scan and Calibration as necessary
- Your vehicle will be scanned to verify that all safety systems and sensors have been reset and are properly calibrated.
- *Some vehicles require Calibration that can only be completed at the dealership, this can delay the completion of your repairs.
Final Clean-Up & Repair Quality Inspection
- Your vehicle will be cleaned following repairs and then receive a final visual and systems function QUALITY inspection.
While your Vehicle is at Great Plains Auto Body Shop
- Pre-wash and Inspection
- Safety System Scanned
- Damage analysis and parts
- Review repair plan
- Progress updates
- Post scan and calibration
- Final QUALITY inspection
Our Propose at Great Plains Auto Body Shop Omaha & Council Bluffs
- Deliver to the vehicle owner, an invisible repair that meets or exceeds OEM repair standards for:
Our Unique Communication Approach
The Great Plains Auto Body Shop team is committed to restoring your vehicle and getting your life back to normal. In order to accomplish this, we have made adjustments to the Administrative approach used by most auto repair shops. In traditional body shop auto repair facilities, the estimator will take care of watching your repair through the process and keep you informed. Taking care of both aspects can be difficult. In order to do an excellent job at both, Great Plains Auto Body Shop has divided these duties.
The Customer Service Representative (CSR) will provide:
- Progress updates
Before, during and after the auto repairs.
The Repair Planner:
They will write the VDE and guide the Disassembly and Damage Analysis process, which will lead to an accurate repair plan.
Body Shop Auto Repair Frequently Asked Questions
How long will my repair take?
- Every repair is different. With the complexities of today’s vehicles, it is impossible in most cases to give you an Estimated Completion Date until the vehicle has completed Damage Analysis and the Repair Planning process.
Why does the estimate change so much after Damage Analysis?
- The initial estimate is based upon a visual damage inspection, which only documents the damage that can be seen. It is not UNCOMMON to discover additional damages or components that need replacement once the vehicle is dissembled.
Why did my estimate completion change after the Repair Plan was set?
- We make every effort to ensure that all the damaged components, necessary repair requirements, and sublet operations required to repair your car are identified prior to building your Repair Plan. Unfortunately, on occasion parts issues arise or required calibration and safety system resets are identified at post scan after repairs have been completed which can delay the delivery of your vehicle.
Great Plains Auto Body Shop Omaha & Council Bluffs | Best Body Shop Auto Repair Process Near You
At Great Plains Auto Body shop Omaha and Council Bluffs, we’re committed to giving you an unmatched level of service. As a company that’s been family owned and operated for more than 25 years, we’re dedicated to treating our customers as we would treat members of our own family. We’ll keep you informed throughout the entire repair process and make sure you’re satisfied when the job is complete. From estimating and detailing to collision repair and paint services, our ASE-certified mechanics and technicians make sure the job is done right and on time.
AUTO BODY REPAIR
Our workmanship is second-to-none when it comes to complete auto body repair. In addition, we have years of experience in aluminum vehicle repair.
PAINTLESS DENT REPAIR
From hail damage to door dings to everything in between, trust the local experts to remove minor dents and get your car into showroom shape.
PAINT MATCHING & REPAIR
Expect outstanding paint work with our computerized mixing system, environmentally friendly water-based paint technology and downdraft paint/bake booths.
Our computerized laser measuring system and Celette fixture bench will return your vehicle’s structure and frame back to factory specifications.
ON-SITE CAR RENTAL
Enterprise Rent-A-Car is conveniently located on-site at both Omaha locations. You’ll be en route to your destination in no time at all.
We have the latest in diagnostic testing technology. This helps us efficiently determine the right path for your auto body repair.
We offer a professional 24-hour towing service at all three locations. We respond quickly, and handle your vehicle safely and securely.
Stay in the loop regarding your auto body repair with our convenient text messaging system. Real-time updates leave your day worry-free.
We have a great relationship with all of the major insurance companies and can help negotiate your claim to your satisfaction.