Are You Driven to Distraction?January 28, 2016
Spring Cleaning for Your CarFebruary 29, 2016
Car seats only increase safety when used correctly and consistently. To make sure your child is as safe as possible in your car, follow these seven essential car seat safety tips:
- Know the car seat’s history. If you don’t buy the seat new, there’s really no way to ensure it hasn’t already encountered a collision. Car seats that have already been in accidents may not be as effective and shouldn’t be used.
- Install the car seat correctly. There are multiple steps you take to ensure the seat is installed correctly. Also, follow the manufacturer’s guidelines carefully.
- Don’t skip the booster seat. Booster seats are designed for kids who outgrow car seats yet aren’t quite ready to use only a seat belt.
- Consistency is important. Kids should be securely fastened into their car seats every time and without exception. Don’t operate your vehicle if your child isn’t correctly in a car seat.
- Don’t rush to forward-facing. Common knowledge used to dictate that children’s car seats could be turned to face forward on the child’s first birthday. This is no longer the case. The State of Nebraska suggests children remain rear-facing as long as possible – up to age three.
- The safest spot is in back. Keep car seats in the back seat for the safest ride possible.
- Know the laws. Every state has specific laws regarding car seats. Take the time to get to know these laws and follow them carefully.
A properly used car seat cuts the risk of death in a collision by 71 percent for infants and 54 percent for toddlers, says the Center for Disease Control (CDC).
The effort you take to use the car seats correctly is certainly worth it.
Great Plains Auto Body Collision Repair Omaha & Council Bluffs | Omaha auto repair shop
At Great Plains Auto Body, we’re committed to giving you an unmatched level of service. As a company that’s been family owned and operated for more than 25 years, we’re dedicated to treating our customers as we would treat members of our own family. We’ll keep you informed throughout the entire repair process and make sure you’re satisfied when the job is complete. From estimating and detailing to collision repair and paint services, our ASE-certified mechanics and technicians make sure the job is done right and on time.
AUTO BODY REPAIR
Our workmanship is second-to-none when it comes to complete auto body repair. In addition, we have years of experience in aluminum vehicle repair.
PAINTLESS DENT REPAIR
From hail damage to door dings to everything in between, trust the local experts to remove minor dents and get your car into showroom shape.
PAINT MATCHING & REPAIR
Expect outstanding paint work with our computerized mixing system, environmentally friendly water-based paint technology and downdraft paint/bake booths.
Our computerized laser measuring system and Celette fixture bench will return your vehicle’s structure and frame back to factory specifications.
ON-SITE CAR RENTAL
Enterprise Rent-A-Car is conveniently located on-site at both Omaha locations. You’ll be en route to your destination in no time at all.
We have the latest in diagnostic testing technology. This helps us efficiently determine the right path for your auto body repair.
We offer a professional 24-hour towing service at all three locations. We respond quickly, and handle your vehicle safely and securely.
Stay in the loop regarding your auto body repair with our convenient text messaging system. Real-time updates leave your day worry-free.
We have a great relationship with all of the major insurance companies and can help negotiate your claim to your satisfaction.